Thursday, April 23, 2009

In a Frenzy

Let me just start by saying that I have been in a complete and total frenzy the past.....three weeks? So forgive my lack of blogging and if you're lucky enough to see me on a regular basis (ok-who would that be? my roommates? I don't have a social life..) than I apologize for being so scatterbrained lately. I swear--I'm about to graduate, vacay in Italy, move to Dallas, plan a wedding and do countless other fun things within the near future--but I'm more of a mess than I've ever been! For example, I am blogging during class. on my pink laptop. just typing away. and there is no need to have a computer in this class. I clearly had a different agenda today, Dr. Bourgeois.

For all who care, I have a few wedding updates. and yes, just a few. The wedding is over 14 months away, no rush! I/we have chosen the church, the date and the colors (I think...) I am also the queen of changing my mind, so don't get your heart set on anything ;)

Tentative Date: June 26, 2010
Tentative Church: St. Martin's Lutheran Church in Sugar Land
Tentative Colors:
BLUE
BLUE
BLUE
GREEN
and IVORY (that doesn't show up on my white background, obvi.

My favorite color is blue (all shades, yes) and it's such a great color scheme for a summer themed wedding. I have dreamed of deep burgundy and golds and cream since I can remember, but that just screams FALL. and well, we're getting married in June. So goodbye burgundy, HELLO BLUE, GREEN AND IVORY! The flowers will be mostly Ivory (gardenias, tulips, roses, calla lily's, etc.) with a few blue flowers for accents. The green will predominantly be in the greenery in the floral arrangements. (No green bridesmaid dresses!) but the green compliments the other colors so well and thus, my wheels are spinnin! I am having so much fun with all of my "wedding dreaming," and I think I have enough center piece ideas for 12 weddings.......

and a thought to ponder: all who are wedding planning, married, or who have opinions about this (ahem Melissa) please give me your input. What's the norm/preferrence for bridesmaid's dress lenghths in the summer. In my friend Amanda's wedding last May, we all wore long dresses and it was fabulous. It makes the wedding more elegant and traditional, but I will be getting married in June. in Houston. Am I torturing my bridesmaid's in the Houston summer by having them wear long dresses? I have found some adorable short dresses, but need some help!

5 comments:

  1. I did short dresses and I really liked them. You shouldn't worry about their comfort, because if you can stand wearing a WEDDING DRESS in the heat, then they can wear their dresses.

    Bottom line- it is your day. If you chose to make them wear one of the "27 dresses" they would be more than happy to oblige you! :)

    PS TRUST ME ON THIS- it is your day! your ONE day to be selfish... Do what makes you happy! :) (in all the wedding categories)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with the Keierleber Family!!! WhatEVER you want..is what we'll wear! I would even wear a black trench-coat and put spikes around my neck if you wanted me to!....but dye my hair black...I dunno! LOL
    EXCITING FUTURE AHEAD!! IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!
    LoveLoveLove xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. colors.. day.. location..?! girlfriend, you have got this figured out! And HELLO BLUE, GREEN, AND IVORY! I'm very excited about these colors.. especially blue (looks great on ALL skin tones) And I agree with the above, put us in whatever dress you want.. long or short! Plus it doesn't matter whether your wedding is in June or December.. it's Houston! It's going to be hot.. and if I hear one bridesmaid complain, she's outta there!
    There is PLENTY of time to figure out such details once you and I are BOTH officially in DFW :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colors!!! i changed my colors three times... so don't worry if you flip flop! everything will end up being perfection and being totally YOU. I really wanted my maids to wear long dresses..bc inmy head i was planning a New Years Eve Wedding... but as you know its in august but its at night so i went with the long dresses anyway. i love the look of long dresses & you are going to be the msot dressed up you will be in your life so i feel like everyone else should match the bride.. but summer in houston is HOT... Honesstly, what everyone is saying is super true. your maids will wear anything you tell them to and they will love it bc they love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rachel- Congrats again! I love the idea of short dresses for a summer wedding, but I went with long. I think a lot of it has to do with the formality of your dress!! Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete