Thursday, April 16, 2009

"an epic love."

So Ivy sent me this perfect (all things wedding-type) book in the mail and I received it today and have not put it down yet.....okay, maybe I've put it down a few times, but you get the point. Although the book is going to be so helpful and will be my reference for EVERYTHING, my favorite part was the short note Ivy wrote me--it is my bookmark now! She was congratulating us on our engagement and sending her love, but my absolute favorite line in the note:

"You are so deserving of an epic love."

And as well as Ivy knows me, I don't even think she knew how much this sentence meant to me. I cherish people's words and thoughts tremendously and love when words and sentences capture emotions perfectly. Ivy does this beautifully and I have saved every one of her notes she has written me--all the way back to sophomore year in high school!

I know everyone dates Mr. wrong at least once and not everyone has a grand love story, but there were so many times I knew I was never going to find my soul mate. Actually, I stopped believing in soul mates altogether..... and then I met Taylor. I had absolutely and completely sworn off boys and then Taylor walked into my life the very next weekend. God sent me love just in time. I don't believe in fate or destiny per se, but I do believe that God creates two souls to walk this life together, hand in hand. God has shown me that all of the heartaches and pain I have been through were all a part of his grand plan. He hadn't forgotten about me after all. He was teaching me to trust and to love and to hurt and to feel and to remember that He would always be my mighty power--I was never alone. With His guidance, I was able to believe that love deserved a second chance. And then I trusted Taylor. And then I loved Taylor. I forgot that love had ever let me down and all I ever needed was this one epic love. and I am going to trust and love Michael Taylor Scott forever.....

so thank you, ivalina for believing this love would come my way someday....

2 comments:

  1. oh my God, I'm crying. I love you Rachel Ann & i cannot be happier for you. I love this blog post and I love your love story. :)

    epic, for sure.

    ReplyDelete