Monday, January 12, 2009

Madelynn Grace and London Kate: Fashionably Late

Taylor and I drove to Tyler last Monday (January 5th) to be at the hospital when his twin nieces were born! His sister-in-law Stacey made it to 37 weeks and was scheduled to have her water broken at 6am that morning. When we arrived at 2pm, (pink balloons and flowers included) we went to see the baby mamma in the maternity ward. After seeing her contraction graphs (I don't know what it's called so we'll call them contraction graphs) spiking to ridiculous levels, it made me seriously consider finding a surrogate mother when I decide to have children... With my luck though, I'll end up getting pregnant with quadruplets. and my own show on TLC right after jon and kate + 8. HA! But really, I feel like I owe my mother a medal or a trophy for making it through 23 hours of that!

After 12 hours of labor for Stacey and still no signs of babies, everyone was sure these babies were going to continue their stubborn delay well into the night. Taylor had to work the next day and I, well I had nothing to do obviously, BUT Taylor was my driver! So we made the decision to go back to Dallas around 9:30 pm, still no signs of twins. We headed back to Dallas in silence, so sad we wouldn't be there when the girls made their grand entrance. At 10:15 ish we got a call from Mike (taylor's dad) when we were on the road and he said, "BIRTH IS IMMINENT!" So we looked at each other, and Taylor U-turned with out even blinking (what a great uncle already!)


Madelynn Grace Scott
and London Kate Scott
were born at 12:10 and 12:19,weighing 5 lbs 3oz and 5 lbs 4oz, respectively;
They were both 17 and 3/4 inches long :)



They are absolutely beautiful and Brad and Stacey could not be more proud. They are going to be amazing parents, and I can not wait to see these little girls grow. Taylor is already loving being an uncle to Miss Maddy and Princess Kate, and I think he's going to spoil them rotten! I was so blessed to be able to be a part of their birth day and to see these little angels enter the world. I will certainly enjoy spoiling these two with Uncle Taylor!

2 comments:

  1. I have tears in my eyes!! Sweet sweet maddy and kate! (I love their names btw...Madelynn and London...so chic')Yay for babies! They truly are the miracle of life! Taylor will be such a great uncle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. racheyyy! i am so glad you joined the blog world! i love the way you write and i am sp excited to be bale to keep up with you better!
    i love you and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete