Thursday, January 29, 2009

growing up

I still can't believe I'm graduating in four months. I feel like I have four months to grow up, figure out what I want to with my life, and fix the horrible job market I am about to plunge into..... and clearly, none of those are going to happen that soon, so I'm probably going to have 400 anxiety attacks until I walk across the stage. I seriously wake up everyday stressed that I don't have a full time job yet--WAKING UP STRESSED?! Add 17 hours of classes to that and it's going to be a long semester...

I am planning on moving to Dallas after graduation, and thought I would use Nordstrom as my
"back up" plan. As of late, its looks as if my "back up" plan has jumped to my number 1 option. I LOVE Nordstrom and it is such a great company to work for, but I just wanted to see what else was out there. I wanted to have tons of options and I wanted to pick the best option out there for me. I never thought "growing up" would be this way. We learned in 3rd grade that we could choose to be whatever we want to be, that boundaries did not exist and we could dream as big as our imaginations would let us. Cut to 12 years later--that statement is FALSE. We are being told during career fairs to "apply everywhere and not to be picky." That's the best advice they can give us--that it's okay to settle?! I am just so tired of hearing "2009 graduates are going to have a very hard time finding a job, much less a job they really want." WOW. No wonder I wake up stressed. I talk to God about it as much as I can and I pray pray pray that He will lead me to the right opportunity for me. It's all I can do :)

on the flip side, I'm going to VEGAS for Spring Break with my roommate Ashley and could not be more PUMPED! We're even staying at the Wynn....perfection perhaps?!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Rach - I know thins look glum, but I have complete and utter faith in you. People are finding jobs, it might be a little harder, but it is possible. Just keep your eyes open and jump on something as soon as you can!

    ive been dying to go to vegas! ive never been... youre going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach, (similar to what I told you last night).. we will make it.. somehow, someway. I will save up the internship money so we can pay rent while we are living in a baby sized dallas apartment with NO job.

    By the way, Team Machel does NOT settle.

    ReplyDelete