Monday, January 12, 2009

The Best Day

This past weekend, my mother and I decided to escape from chores/stress/work/ (job searching and writing cover letters for me obviously...) and have a perfect girly day together. My pops and Randy were off fishing for the weekend with some of my dad's work-ish friends, so we didn't want to miss an opportunity for girl time!

We went to town center Saturday around noon for some shopping before lunch.... We are always shopping in Sugar Land, but rarely go to the actual boutiques and stores in town center. I could have spent a thousand dollars in Hemline--such a cute boutique! Mamma girl bought me a necklace and a woooonderful cream cashmere scarf that I love. (Actually, I should have just wrapped myself in that scarf on Saturday because I was obviously the only one in SL who ignored the drastic weather change..) I could have worn a bikini on Friday, but of course, on Saturday I needed a parka. Ridiculous! We hit the sale at Ann Taylor next and got so many cute tops. okay I got two and my mom got like 47 but who's counting? ;)

All that shopping made us hungry, so we went to Olive's martini bar for some salads.....AND martinis, duh. I usually don't like martinis considering they are 97% vodka and taste like rubbing alcohol to me, but these were FANTASTIC! After drinking our fruity drinks and staring at the drunk 17 year olds at the restaurant, we walked to Albert Luiz spa! We got mani's and pedi's in our own little area and it was just fabulous. We were so sex and the city. We finished off the night with Lupe Tortilla for dinner and Bride Wars that night. Bride Wars was SO cute--I highly recommend it as a chick flick with your girlfriends. I wouldn't drag any boys to that movie, it would probably be torture; but we loved it! We even got a hotel room at the Marriott in town center to complete our perfect, mother daughter bff day.

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful mother who really cherishes the time she spends with her kids! (but let's be honest, I'm the favorite.) And although she birthed Randall too, the mother-daughter relationship is so very special and thank God she puts up with me. all all of my shennanegans.

and I titled this post "The Best Day" because it's a song by Taylor Swift that fits my mamma and I to a tee. The lyrics are perfect and the song makes me laugh! and cry! it's just too cute. It makes me think T.Swift and I would be bff's if we ever met....maybe one day.

2 comments:

  1. OMGGGG I loveeee that song!!! It makes me think of me and my mom too!! Perfect title to this post! and ahh..Julie Garrison, such a saint! I love you two ladies and your "sex in the city" girlie days!

    ReplyDelete