Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Going to the chapel....

People, we have actually made some WEDDING PROGRESS! Can you believe it? This past week when I was at home, my mother and I spent our Saturday with 4 appointments. We visited three venues and ONE wedding dress boutique. What a day! If you know my mom and I, you know our best mother daughter duo talent would definitely be SHOPPING. Our favorite Saturdays are the ones we spent opening and closing the stores in Houston. Can we still have those shopping marathons once I'm married? hmm... a girl can dream!

Anyways, we found THE PLACE! We're going to have the wedding reception we've dreamed of and I could not be more excited. Sugar Landers, this place will mean as much to you as it does to me and I can't wait to share it with our out of towners, too! drum roll, please......
SAFARI TEXAS' MAGNOLIA BALLROOM!
The entrance to the "cocktail" rooms

The second "cocktail" (pre-reception) room

View from the dance floor (in the back)
View from the front (leaving the cocktail rooms)


If you haven't heard, Taylor and I have changed our date to July 31, 2010. My good friend Megan was recently engaged and it was the only way to fit both of our weddings in next summer! Sorry for the confusion, but as SOON as we officially book our reception site, I will notify everyone of the date change. We have the ballroom tentatively until Saturday, but we will make it official this week.

and last but not least, I FOUND THE DRESS. Yes, THE DRESS. I wish I could wear it every day...... and if you're lucky, I'll show it to you when it comes in sometime in November ;)

2 comments:

  1. OMGGGG THE DRESS?!?!?!?! OMG OMG OMG and the reception place...I think I'm in LOVE!!!! Seriously, IN LOVE. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE DRESS!! I'm secretly glad that you moved the wedding back instead of up...this gives me more time to get pregnant and deliever BEFORE the wedding!! LOL! So excited!! July 31, 2010 sounds like the PERFECT date to me!!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha You're such a hoot. and I love you so much :) You'll be beautiful-pregnant, not pregnant or with baby!

    ReplyDelete