Thursday, May 14, 2009

here i come, world.

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go.
-Dr. Seuss


Ready or not, I'm about to graduate from college. In eight hours I will be in a sea of caps and gowns frantically filing down the aisles of Reed Arena. I sincerely hope our convocation speaker has a humorous speech in store, because I am a ticking time bomb. One sentimental story about growing up, moving on and starting our lives and I am going to have mascara coated tears running down my face. Nobody needs to see that. I have been so consumed with school work, teaching prep and organizing my life that I haven't even had time to be sad. or to shed one tear. So, tomorrow, as I sit in my cap and gown listening to our professors, I will finally have the time to relish in this monumental occasion. and there will be tears, I just know it. I can only pray for Bill Cosby or Ellen Degeneres to be speaking tomorrow.........

here I come, world.
ready or not!

1 comment:

  1. this is truly a monumental day. you are going to take this world by storm. oh, the places you'll go...

    ...the people you'll meet... the people you'll CHANGE.

    ReplyDelete